301 London Road South
This was built in 1898 and was occupied as this time by Mrs Kirby who ran some apartments. From 1919 until 1932 Cursons & Co. cycle agents owned the premises. It was merged with 303 London Road South during this time. Between 1932 and 1948 it was a firm of ladies hairdressers run by Kathleen. From 1948 Albert Edward Manning ran a confectioners establishment here, which lasted until 1963 when it again merged with 303 to become Frank Bulls newsagents. Now (2005) it is a shop dealing in water-skiing, windsurfing and surfing equipment.
303 London Road South
This was built in 1898 and was run by Mrs. Allpress as apartments. From 1919 to 1932 it was merged with 201 London Road South as Cursons & Co. cycle agents. After 1932 it became Frank Bulls newsagents merging with 303 again in 1963. More recently it has become a teashop.
305 London Road South
This was built in 1896 by Dr. Harold Barraclough (Dr. Barraclough was Mayor of Lowestoft in 1938 and 1939) who sold it in 1898 to Mrs. Johnson who ran some apartments on the premises. In 1919 it became Lloyds Bank Ltd. More recently it has had a variety of uses.
307 London Road South (Enderby House 1892-1896)
This was built in 1892 for Mrs. Ralph who ran some apartments here. Between 1902 and thee 1980s it was a grocers shop run in turn by H. C. Buckler (1902-1919) and Mrs Blackwell. It is now part of the Co-op pharmacy on the corner of Carlton Road
309 London Road South
This was built in 1902 as a china repository for Cross & Co. In 1909 it became the Telephone call office and in 1919 a pharmacy run by William Saunders MPS. In 1940 William Hubert Barton Saunders MPS succeeded his father (William Saunders was Mayor of Lowestoft in 1954-55 and 1956-57). In 197 R. V. Fisher pharmacist took over the business. It is now the Co-op pharmacy on the corner of Carlton Road
138 London Road South (Elm House until 1914)
Thomas Hubbard Leggett who was a Lowestoft Borough Councillor between 1885 and 1889 for the South Ward becoming an alderman in 1890 built this in 1892. In 1919 the Lowestoft Co-operative Society Butchery Department acquired the business followed in 1967 by Austins fish shop. In 1973 it became the Parade Fish Restaurant.
156 London Road South
This was built in 1892 for John Devereux & Sons Ltd grocers. They inhabited the site until 1974 when it became Leisure Foods frozen food distributors. It has had a variety of uses since then.
264 London Road South
This was built in 1902 for Mrs. Churchward. It became a confectioners shop in 1906 run by Misses A. & A. Graveling. In 1919 it was taken over by V. & M. Woods