St Johns Church

£ 5.00 each

In Stock
Add to cart

St Johns Church Lowestoft War Memorial - Neville Skinner

St John’s Church was on the south side of Lowestoft Bridge until it was demolished in December 1977.

After the Great War, in 1919, it was decided to erect a memorial in the church to honour the names of 94 men with close connections to the parish and had perished during the conflict.

This book is designed to give brief biographical sketches of each of the 94 men whose names appear on the Memorial, with brief service and family details, date and place of death, where buried or commemorated on a national memorial and where possible a brief description of the circumstances in which he died.

The Memorial is now situated in the War Memorial Museum in Sparrows Nest Park.

A4 - 24 Pages

Go To Top