This publication derives from transcriptions of a listing of local property-holders (compiled during the early 18th century) and of the transfers of their real-estate carried out between c. 1600 and 1730. It gives a detailed verbal picture of the town and its inhabitants at the time and also places the information within the context of the “old part of Lowestoft”, as we see it today, making comparisons possible between then and now. Anyone who is interested in the history of the town and its genealogical connections will find the book a useful source of information. In addition to the text itself, there are two appendices containing back-up material and an index of property-holders’ names giving their occupations where known.
A4 size – 106 pages